Welcome to our Cloud
- 1985 – Ecritel was founded: Ecritel was a trailblazer in France’s digital communications industry as an Online Service Provider for the iconic Minitel computer terminal which was a precursor to today’s Internet.
- 1995 – Introduced Web Hosting Services
- 2001 – Exited the Web Hosting Business to Specialize in Managed Hosting: Following the burst of the dot-com “bubble”, Ecritel responded by specializing exclusively in facilities management and eliminated its website creation business.
- 2003 – Opened two Datacenters in Paris: Ecritel continues with its specialization strategy, choosing to outsource its facilities management activities. Ecritel leased two locations outside of Paris and closed their on-premises datacenter to focus its investments on IT and network equipment. At the same time, Ecritel also acquired the hosting activities of several competitors.
- 2006 – Ecritel establishes itself as a pioneer in Cloud Computing: As a trailblazer in infrastructure virtualization, Ecritel was well positioned to offer Managed Cloud Hosting Solutions for its clients.
- 2008 – Opened the China Subsidiary in Shanghai
- 2010– Opened the Canadian Subsidiary in Montreal
- 2011 – Acquired CDN Tech, specialists in Content Acceleration: In response to our client’s needs, Ecritel acquired CDN Tech and incorporated content acceleration services to its service offerings. By expanding its range of services to optimize its Cloud platform, Ecritel was better positioned to satisfy to its e-Commerce clients’ needs.
- 2011 – Opened the Brazilian Subsidiary in São Paulo
- 2011 - Opened the Hong Kong Datacenter
- 2012 – Renewal of the AFAQ ISO 9001 certification
- 2012 – Opened the New York Datacenter
- 2013 – Acquired Oxyd: Specialist in managed hosting for the public sector
- 2014 – Acquisition of Stockho Hosting: Specialist in Magento and hybris eCommerce Platforms
- 2015 – Opened the United States Subsidiary in New York City
- 2015 – Ecritel France celebrated its 30th Anniversary!